Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dialectic Journals pt.1


Ch.4, pg.27

" Why had I not foreseen their peril? Why was I not standing at my father's shoulder. armed and possessed of a man's strength, to defend our hearth or die honorably before it, as he and my mother had?"

What struck me about this was he seemed like he really did want to help his mother & father and be courageous. He probably didn't want to be afraid and make everything right. My reaction to this quote really made me want to just jump in the story and comfort him, especially after seeing his parents dead on the floor.

I think that this can relate to some people after a loved one dies they think to themselves wishing they could have been with them. If I were in his possession I would probably think the same thing as he did. I feel like this passage is very significant because when something as horrible happens to someone it can really change them as a person, so I think Xeo will try to avenge his parents death.

No comments: